It doesn’t matter whether you have coffee stains on a light-colored carpet, crayon marks from toddlers, or simply the day-to-day buildup of dust and dirt. All carpets need a little attention and care now and then. Which makes homeowners face lots of difficulties. Such as moving furniture and waiting for the carpet fibers to dry, but carpet care is not that difficult. If you want to know the best way to clean carpet at home with ease. Here are a few quick and simple ways to remove stubborn stains and lingering smells.
Expert Tried and Tested Carpet Cleaning Tips
How to use baking soda powder as a carpet cleaning solution?
Using baking soda for carpet cleaning is a great option. Currently, it is considered as the quickest and best way to clean carpet at home. Follow the steps given below to make your carpet stain and odor free.
- Sprinkle the powder over the carpet.
- Leave the powder for at least 30 minutes, but if you can leave it overnight, it great as this will gives the cleaning agent time to work on softening the stains and consuming the odors.
- Vacuum up the powder when you’re done.
How to use carpet shampoo as a carpet cleaning solution?
Another popular way of cleaning the carpet is by using shampoo. There are many carpet shampoo available in the market, so make sure that you follow the guidance on the label.
- You need to make sure that you make the solution as directed on the packing. In most of the cases, the cleaning agent is to be diluted with water.
- Cover the stained area with the shampoo solution.
- Make sure you do not make the carpet too wet, this will not only waste the cleaning solution but it will also increase the drying time.
- Scrub the stubborn areas partially using the hard-bristle brush.
- Leave the carpet to dry for some time.
- Lastly, vacuum the shampoo once it has dried.
Which is The Best Carpet Cleaning Solution for You: Powder or Shampoo?
When it comes to cleaning carpets, plain soda and water just will not work, especially if you’re dealing with persistent stains and deeply penetrated odor. Most people go for either baking soda powder or carpet shampoo when cleaning the carpets in their home.
For dealing with stains and dirt, it’s worth looking for a dedicated baking soda rather than a shampoo if you want to make it a quick job. Shampoos can take hours to dry, leaving the room off-limits until ready. Baking soda can be vacuumed up much quicker and do a good job.
Related Article: Easy and Effective Ways to Remove Stains from Carpet
Learn the best way to clean carpet at home to restore your carpet by yourself. If you have any questions, you can call our experts at 714-742-2108. Pristine Carpet Cleaning provides professional carpet cleaning services in Anaheim and nearby areas. Reach out our professionals today!
Related Article: How to Clean Your Carpets