It’s common knowledge that if you want to enjoy something for a long time, you need to take proper care of it. Experts say if you want to preserve your carpet, you need to take proper care of it. Here are some ways to remove stains and keep it pristine:
- Regular vacuuming is a must!
- No matter how many precautions you take, accidents are inevitable (especially if you have children or guests). Clean and remove spills and stains as soon as they occur!
- Take a preemptive approach and do the best you can to prevent stains in the first place, like placing doormats at entryways to keep stains from entering.
The Most Common Mistakes Made When Cleaning
- Many people drench the affected area with water and cleaning solutions. Be careful, as this will cause a small stain to spread, making it even harder to remove.
- Do not rub the spot, as this will spoil the texture of your carpet fiber and make the cleaning process more difficult.
- Never wet a dry stain on your carpet. Instead, run a vacuum over the spot and make sure to remove as much dirt as possible.
The Easy Ways of Carpet Stain Removal
Follow these simple tips to eliminate stains from your carpet. Remember, you should know that the sooner you treat the spot, the better the chance you’ll have of avoiding it becoming permanent.
- If a spill dries up, vacuum it to extract as much dirt as you can.
- If the stain is semi-solid, then scrape it carefully with a spoon or dull knife.
- Further, if the carpet is wet, blot it gently with a clean dry cloth. Then, blot the affected area with cold water until you remove the dirt. Finally, using another clean cloth, blot again until dry.
- Combine half a teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap and a cup of tepid water to create a thick foam. Conduct a pre-test, or patch test, to check if the solution works properly. Apply the solution to a small corner of the carpeted area. If everything looks good and you see no damage or discoloration, you can continue. In a circular motion, apply the soap foam onto the stain with a sponge or a clean cloth. Begin in the outer area, carefully bringing it to the center. If you apply it from the center going out, you may spread the stain. Blot the area with cool water to rinse. Lastly, use a clean towel to dry the spot.
Professional cleaning is important once a year, even if you have a carpet protector. If you think your carpet needs cleaning, call Pristine Carpet Cleaning for an appointment! We provide cleaning services at competitive rates.